2012 Meeting Minutes
To: NYSCOS Executive Committee, NYSCOS Local Boards
From: John Hogan
Date: August 7, 2011
Subject: 2012 Annual Meeting Minutes
- Rich Leaf, NYSCOS President called the 2012 NYSCOS Annual Meeting to order at 9:30 AM, on August 4, 2012 at the Craftsman Inn and Conference Center, Fayetteville, NY.
- A roll call of attendees was taken - all boards present. The Steuben board was represented by Keith Holmok, Allegeny Livingston board. The NYSCOS Executive Committee may be discussing this apparent violation of the Constitution and By Laws. The local board directory was updated. Information folders were distributed to representatives of each board.
- The 2011 Annual Meeting minutes were reviewed. Motion to approve by Alan Wharton, second by Ed McLaughlin – the 2011 minutes were approved as provided on the NYSCOS web site.
- The 2012 treasurer’s report was presented. A handout of the details of the financial status of NYSCOS was provided to all boards and executive committee members. Motion to accept the report was made by Alan Wharton and seconded by Ed McLaughlin - the treasurer’s report was approved.
- Scott Reynolds provided the 2012 NFHS rules interpretation using a very well done MS power point presentation purchased from the NFHS by NYSCOS. NYSCOS provided copies to all local boards at the meeting – once again this year, thanks to Ed McLaughlin for his computer expertise and efforts.
- Neil Edkins provided the boy’s 2011 Championship report. Neil‘s report was sent out by email prior to the meeting. Please refer to that report for details.
- Alexis Murphy presented the 2011 Girl’s State Championship report. Alexis forwarded her report to local boards by email prior to the meeting – please refer to that report for details.
- The NYSCOS nominating committee, chaired by Thom Kadlubowski, presented Jamie LaBarge as its nomination to serve as NYSCOS 2nd VP and Thom Kadlubowski as its nomination to serve as Secretary Treasurer. No nominations were received from the floor. The NYSCOS secretary/treasurer cast one ballot and both Jamie and Thom were elected to their respective positions
- Under old business, Rich Leaf announced that the on line test proposed by the NFHS is not available this year. Written tests should be ordered from the NYSPHSAA as necessary. Part 1 administered to new officials and Part 2 administered to veteran officials..
- Frank Kennelly was presented the boys Referee of the Year award by Rich Leaf. Congratulations to Frank – a very well deserved recognition…
- The 2013 Annual Meeting will be held August 3, 2013 at TBA (Syracuse Area). Start time 9:30AM.
- The 2012 Annual meeting was adjourned at 11 AM. Lunch was served in the Craftsman café…